Monasteries and viewpoints: heritage, history and landscape
If you enjoy getting lost in historic buildings, but at the same time you can spend hours gazing at a beautiful landscape… do not hesitate, this is your route.
We will visit the most important monasteries of the Ribeira Sacra in Ourense:
- Monastery of Santo Estevo de Ribas de Sil.
- Monastery of Santa Cristina de Ribas de Sil.
- Monastery of San Pedro de Rocas.
Our visit also includes a stop at the viewpoints of Vilouxe (Nogueira de Ramuín) and the famous Balcones de Madrid (Parada de Sil).
In the section of local producers you can choose between visiting a craft liquor distillery, a chocolate museum and a visit to a bicas bakery (the star dessert of the Ribeira Sacra).
** Price not included in the base route. The price shown below for each extra will be added to the starting price.
We offer you the possibility to complement your route with the following suggestions:
- Visit one or more of the following monasteries (Price per person: 10 €):
- Santa María de Montederramo.
- Santa María de Xunqueira de Espadañedo.
- San Paio de Abeleda.
- Meals: Restaurant O Merenzao (Doade, Sober). Products from the Ribeira Sacra, where flavour and quality come first.
- Catamaran: Enjoy a private boat ride through the waters of the Sil Canyon and admire the beauty of the landscape while enjoying a wine from the region (Price per person: 20 €).
- Visit a vineyard with the D.O. Ribeira Sacra, to enjoy the fantastic wines of the region (Price per person 10 €).